Note: Global E3 Exchange Consortium only considers applicants who are in Engineering or Computer Science fields of study
Global E3: Lund University
What is Global E³?
Global E3: The Global Engineering Education Exchange Program. Recognizing a growing demand for internationally-experienced engineering graduates, a group of leading universities around the world established the Global E3 in 1995. Global E3 allows engineering students at member universities to enjoy a fulfilling study abroad experience. Check out the Global E3 brochure here
Am I Eligible?
You are eligible if you:
A bit about Lund University
- Are currently enrolled at one of the participating Global E³ universities.
- Are currently studying engineering or computer science.
- Have been nominated by your home school to submit an application.
- Have the language ability to take courses in the host campus language and/or in English.
Founded in 1666, Lund University is one of Europe's oldest universities and one of Scandinavia's largest institutions for education and research, consistently ranked among the world's top 100 universities. Located in the city of Lund in the Scania province, Sweden, the Lund University has eight faculties, with additional campuses in the cities of Malmö and Helsingborg, with 47,000 students, 6,800 employees and almost 3,000 research students.
The University offers over 100 Master’s programmes, 5 Bachelor’s programmes and 500 single subject courses taught in English. It is considered Sweden's strongest comprehensive research university and has been awarded more research funding than any other Swedish full-scale university.
Having the university’s largest campus, the Faculty of Engineering, Lunds Tekniska Högskola or “LTH” in Swedish, is among the leading engineering faculties in Europe, with more than 9,000 undergraduates and 800 postgraduates based both in Lund and at Campus Helsingborg.
The city of Lund is considered the best student city in Sweden and the top choice for international students due to its great student life.
Courses are available in the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Nano-Science
- Engineering Physics
- Environmental Engineering
- Industrial Design
- Industrial Management
- Information & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Lund is considered the best student city in Sweden with the unique combination of traditional student nations (social clubs), an academic society and student unions organising events and activities year round.
- In Lund, students can experience the rich history and cultural heritage of a Swedish medieval university town and at the same time be a part of the dynamic and international atmosphere created by Lund University students and staff.
- Lund is only 10 minutes away from Sweden’s third largest city and 40 minutes from the international airport in Copenhagen, making it a great hub for travel throughout Sweden and Europe.
- Swedes have the highest proficiency in English as a second language in the world - English is spoken by 89% of the population, allowing students to have a unique European experience without language barriers.
- Sweden is one of the safest countries in the world and ranked as one of the best in which to live.
- Sweden is ranked as the most creative country in the world, has one of the highest levels of gender equality and is well known for its eco-friendly culture.
For more details about the university, courses, academic calendar, accommodations and other important information, please see Global E3's profile of Lund University
How to apply
Students apply in two or three phases. First, students apply via Missouri S&T's Globalminers.mst.edu
portal by creating profile and filling out questionnaires and summiting the required documents. Then, students apply to the chosen school via the Global E3 website
. Detailed information on the Global E3 application process can be found here
. If accepted, the student would complete the post decision materials via GlobalMiners.mst.edu
. Please note that sometimes the host university would also require students to submit an application for the purposes of university processing.
Students wishing to apply for more then one program have to complete separate applications for each program/university. Students are encouraged to apply for minimum of two programs to increase the probability of placement. Seat at the chosen school is not guaranteed.