Skip to content

Register Your Travel

University of Missouri Collected Rules and Regulations 210.070 requires all students traveling internationally on a university administered or university related trip to register their travel in an international travel registry.   Faculty, staff, volunteers, and other participants traveling with students are also required to register their travel.  Faculty and staff members who are not traveling with students may voluntarily register their travel. 

Missouri S&T provides a secure travel registry website within the Office of International Affairs (IA) for students, faculty, staff and non-S&T travelers who are traveling internationally for university business. The registry is a useful, one-stop service that supports emergency communications and access to university-approved travel health insurance. All participants of university-related shall be registered in the appropriate campus international travel registry.
Types of Travelers and Requirements to Register
Click on the blue button to register your travel.

Students traveling internationally: undergraduate and graduate students traveling internationally for university sponsored or related purposes. Examples include study abroad programs, conferences, research, collaborative projects abroad, etc. All participants are required to register their travel plans.

Faculty/staff traveling independently: S&T faculty/staff traveling internationally. Examples include international travel for the purposes of leading a faculty-led group of students, attendance of conferences, protocol and recruitment visits, research, etc. Faculty/Staff leading groups of students abroad are required to register. All other participants are strongly encouraged to register their travel plans.

Proxy registration:  A faculty or staff member traveling internationally may give permission to another user to enter a proxy travel registration on behalf of the traveler.     To request access to enter proxy travel registrations for a faculty or staff member, please call extension 6015 or email

Non-S&T-affiliated traveler: individuals without S&T log in information, accompanying a faculty/staff traveling internationally. Examples include a spouse or dependent of the S&T-affiliated traveler.

It is important to note that this is not an approval process. The IA does not have the authority to approve or reject travel plans. Rather, it has been charged with the responsibility to manage risk associated with traveling abroad. According to the University of Missouri’s Rules and Regulations, domestic and foreign travel must be authorized by an administrative superior or other designated official for university employers or others who are traveling to conduct University business via the PeopleSoft Travel and Expense application.

Travel Registration Cost and Fees

The international travel registration fee is $50 per person and is valid for one year from the first registration of travel.  Please contact the Office of International Affairs at extension 6015 to process payment for the registration fee.  Payment may be made by credit card, cash, check, or MO Code and PS Account code.
Benefits of the S&T International Travel Registry
  • Emergency communications: S&T will be able to better support you in situations of urgent health, safety and security-related circumstances.
  • University travel insurance: faculty and staff traveling on behalf of the university are provided medical and evacuation insurance to supplement traveler's personal insurance.
  • Consolidated international efforts: the IA will be able to provide the traveler(s) with information about current engagements and contacts in the country of travel as well as recommendations on how to enhance S&T’s presence in the particular region.
Travel to a Travel Warning Destination
Missouri S&T does not advise travel to destinations with travel warnings by the U.S. Department of State. The current list of travel warnings can be found on the Department of State website.  When registering your travel plans, you will be asked to confirm that the destination does not have a current travel warning.  A Travel Warning Waiver signed by the Provost is required for students who choose to travel to a destination with a current travel warning.